Saturday, May 7, 2011

Mother's Day





Mother's Day is extra special this year for two reasons. First, and most obvious, is because it's my first Mother's Day as a mom. Sophia is my little princess. She brightens my day! There was a time (the first few months of motherhood!) that I thought I'd never feel that way about my daughter...about being a mother. This brings me to the second reason this Mother's Day is extra special...my mom! I can honestly say that I wouldn't have made it through the last 10 months (or the last 30 years) without her, or my dad. I understand, more than ever this Mother's Day, what being a mom really is...sure, it's reading books, sing songs, acting silly, going for walks...but it's also, giving hugs, drying tears, sharing tears, forgiving, driving 2 hours every weekend for months just because your child (and your grandchild) need you, and it's loving even when it's not easy. I hope I can be as wonderful a mom to Sophia as my mom has been to me. Happy Mother's Day!

And, of course, no posting would be complete without some cute pictures of Soph!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so proud of you for making it through year one! I hope every year brings more joy and I hope you got lots of BIG PRESENTS for Mother's Day! ;-)

    ReplyDelete